sábado, maio 15, 2010

To my little ones (on their graduation - 1999)


I am on this journey, which does not seem very long, to God knows where...
Through the glassy window I look for beauty and peaceful scenery.
Many sit next to me, one or more at a time. Many I don’t even notice, as they make no difference: there’s no sound, no perfume, no touch...
But others, so few in number, do have a fine scent, and their bodies’ heat warms my lonely heart as their voices enchant my heedful ears. We share a refined pleasure in showing each other the little rows of tiny flowers along the way. We happily laugh together as we see the cattle calmly grazing while the wind plays in the meadow and the sun light warms the workers’ backs.
We may, here and there, have the chance of showing each other the sun rise ahead of us, or its set not far behind...
So very few in number are those special souls. Some will get off before me, some will go on to farther stations, but the time we spend together does make a difference: it makes the journey worthwhile, it makes it pleasant, it makes it meaningful.
As you now move on to another seat, my friends, I’d like to thank you for the time you spent with me, I’d like you to know I’ve learned a lot with you and I shall always have you in my thoughts – as I proceed on my journey.
Enjoy yourselves. Make the most of your own journey and make sure Happiness is always sitting next to you. And remember: You are a well loved child.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário